I had a look at the code. I think it would be a valid and useful feature.

The tricky thing is where to configure it. Configure an auth plugin to
reference a certain transportconnector? Or configure a transportconnector to
reference a certain auth plugin? The latter seems more logical from a
useability point of view. But if you start allowing this kind of config then
do you allow simply one transport conncector, one auth plugin? Or can you
specify certain users from an auth plugin on a transport connector? Hmmm...

John