Ozan is correct, that wiki page is in error; "activemq-admin create " does the simple job of copying basic config files for a new instance.

When i ran it against my installation, which includes a number of additional config files for families of Camel Routes, and a custom properties file (because we've externalized a lot of parameter values into properties file and use Spring's PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer in our xml), it isn't very useful - it doesn't copy the entire contents of <$ACTIVEMQ_HOME>/conf, so our custom config files would need to be pulled in manually.

For me, it's actually easier to do a filesystem copy of the entire AMQ tree and hand-edit the ports in our properties files.

Also, note that when "activemq-admin create" copies the xml files, it encodes the ">" wildcard character as "&gt;". This doesn't appear to cause any runtime problems.

*Joe Niski*
Senior Developer - Information Services  |  NWEA™

PHONE 503.548.5207 | FAX 503.639.7873

NWEA.ORG <http://www.nwea.org/> | Partnering to help all kids learn™