This should be fine.  By default this will use a store cursor which can handle
the overflow up to your storeLimit.  As long as you are using either a store
cursor or file cursor you can overflow messages on the broker to the message
store or temp disk storage - just take care to not use vm cursors for this
scenario.  The producer flow control page has a small section on using a file
cursor, but more details on how this works can be found at
http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html

If you still want producer flow control on, you may consider upping the
memoryLimit on your destinations.  Unless you explicitly specify it, the limit
is 64 mb for both queues and topics I believe.