I also noticed this problem. When there is high throughput and consumers
get bogged down working in between messages, they eventually get dropped
and must re-open a connection or they will stop receiving messages.

The problem with that is that consumers will have to actively monitor
their connections in the application code. The connection code itself
doesn't seem to solve this dilemma on its own.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:16:50 +0100, Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> on the results of your jprobe profiling, it would be good to identify
> if there is a real contention problem there.
> If you can generate a simple junit test case that demonstrates the
> behavior you are seeing, please open a jira issue and we can
> investigate some more.
> A test case will help focus the analysis.
>
> On 12 September 2011 01:08, bbansal <bhup...@groupon.com> wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I am evaluating ActiveMQ for some simple scenarios. The web-server will
>> push
>> notifications to the queue/topic to be consumed by one or many
consumers.
>> The one requirement is web-server should not get impacted or should be
>> able
>> to write at their speed even if consumers goes down etc.
>>
>> ActiveMQ is performing very well with about 1500 QPS (8 producer
thread,
>> persistence, kaha-db) Kahadb parameters being used are
>>
>> enableJournalDiskSyncs="false" indexWriteBatchSize="1000"
>> enableIndexWriteAsync="true
>>
>> The system works great if consumers are all caught up, the issue is
when
>> am trying to test scenarios with backlogged data (keep running producer
>> for
>> 30 mins or so) and then start consumers. Consumer show good consumption
>> rate
>> but the producers (8 threads same as before) cannot do more than 120
QPS.