Greetings all!

I've been trying to connect an MDB (deployed to JBoss EAP 5.1.2) to ActiveMQ
5.5.1, but so far... no luck.

I am using the panacya-mdb-test-1.0.jar example (from
http://activemq.apache.org/jboss-integration.html) and tried to connect to
either an embedded or external ActiveMQ broker -- whatever I try, it always
ends up registering the SenderEJB successful, but all MDBs fail deployment
with the stack trace:

I've followed 1:1 the steps (as listed in the great eBook "ActiveMQ in
action"):

1. Extract under the JBoss deploy/activemq-ra.rar directory the RAR
(activemq-rar-5.5.1.rar)
2. Modify the ra.xml to use the ServerUrl vm://localhost and point to the
broker-config.xml config
3. Create an activemq-ds.xml under the JBoss deploy/ directory with content:

4. Test JBoss application server startup, verify the Broker starts (YES!!!)
and the resources are registered (YES!!!):

5. Modify the panacya-mdb-test-1.0.jar/META-INF/jboss.xml to refer to the
activemq-ra.rar:

6. Copied the modified panacya-mdb-test-1.0.jar to the JBoss deploy
directory
7. Start Jboss (./run.sh -c activemq2)
8. Everything goes fine until the MDBs are deployed, just after the message:

Please advice, we are seriously considering to use ActiveMQ for our banking
solution.

Thanks in advance,
Robin Huiser
Technical Architect Allshare Banking Solutions

Ps. The alternative could be using annotations, but we do not want to mix
application logic and deployment configuration in our source code.