Correct, KahaDB only supports the three levels. JDBC is definitely "slower"
but that is of course relative. Try it out and see if that meets your
needs.
Instead of querying ActiveMQ's store, might just want to use Kahadb without
priority and dump messages from the broker to the DB and query that way
(using a Camel route?)