I think i figured out what was wrong with my inital setup. I had commented
out import for jetty.xml in activemq xml bcs I didnt wanted to start
webconsole. But I guess I have to keep it if I want jolokia feature.

In hawtio I used following config in Connect tab:

hostname: localhost
port: 8161
path: /api/jolokia
username:admin
password: admin
use proxy: yes

but when I say connect remote server I dont see any activemq stuff there.

any suggestions?

thanks,
chirag