STOMP, as protocol, does not support request-response (or
request/reply, whatever you want to call it) per se. However, given
that ActiveMQ has mapped the 'reply-to' header to the associated JMS
header one could infer that ActiveMQ's implementation of STOMP does
support request-response, or perhaps it just means that ActiveMQ's
implementation facilitates STOMP consumers the ability to reply to JMS
based producers that are employing request-response. Not sure.

Assuming it's the former then your producer should subscribe to the
'temp-queue' before SENDing. Temporary queues are typically used for
request-response. As you're doing things in the wrong order the
consumer creates the temp-queue, not the producer. Given temp-queue
semantics the temp-queue's lifetime is tied to the consumer's
connection's lifetime, iow, the temp-queue only lives for as long as
the consumer is connected. Also, only the connection that created the
temp-queue (your consumer) can create consumers for it. Therefore your
producer will never be able to read from the temp-queue.

Hopefully, by altering the order of the subscribe and send on the
producer's side, things should work.

YMMV.