Re-reading the original post, I'm unclear what the concern is then.  I
apologize if I'm not answering the real concern.

For testing, those low numbers may work. Watch for negative memory
percentage usage in the broker using JMX.  When that happens, messages stop
flowing.

BTW, are the consumers sharing connections with producers?  Note that PFC
might be better named "producer connection flow control" because the entire
connection of the producer blocks, not just the one producer.  To clarify,
in the following sequence, every producer and every consumer would block
once PFC is hit:

* create connection
* create session
* create producers
* create session
* create consumers on the new session

Due to this, it's relatively easy to create a deadlock scenario.

By the way, I recommend using PFC rather than disabling it because running
out of memory on the broker freezes all operations.  PFC is a valve that
prevents slow consumers from running the broker out of memory.