The bridge is the structure that moves messages across the network connection
between two brokers.

One thing I recall now - we had problems with PFC blocking bridges using
duplex network connectors.  You can try using non-duplex network connectors
(of course, both brokers then need to configure each other to get two-way
message flow), or try the alwaysSyncSend flag.  Those might help.

On the slow consumer - it would help to have a clearer picture of the
destinations and JMS clients involved.  The bridges normally move messages
from one broker to another on destinations with the same type + name (e.g.
queue A messages on broker1 are moved to queue A on broker2).  With that
said, the broker serving the slow consumer should be producing PFC log
messages.

I wonder if prefetch + message-size + memory-limit can create an artificial
problem...  When messages move across a bridge, they are only acknolwedged
by the bridge after 75% of the prefetch value is reached.  That's 750
messages normally.  If the memory limit is too low to hold 750 messages, I
wonder what would happen.