Hi,

I got an embedded broker with a producer in the same JVM using the
VM-transport. Out of the blue, this producer some times stop with no clues
as to why in the log. The symptoms are always the same though

* There one external consumer to a topic the producer is sending messages to
that got MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge high and increasing. The consumer
has prefetch of Short.MAX_VALUE and MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge is
typically around 10 000 - 20 000 messages. The MemoryUsageByteCount of the
topic is also steadily increasing.

Once I disconnect the consumer (by killing its transport, STOMP) my producer
starts working again.

1. Can anyone help me shed some lights on this?
2. As a sidenote, why is MemoryUsageByteCount increasing when a consumer
doesn't send acks and MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge is less than the
prefetchSize of the consumer. There should be no reason to hold messages in
the broker in this situation?

--
Jostein