Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not familiar with composite destinations, so
I may be using them incorrectly (any good C++ examples?). I modified my test
code to subscribe to a single composite destination composed of multiple
topics and it initially works; however, when the client dynamically changes
its subscription to a different composite destination, or additional clients
join and subscribe to the testing, the broker seems to get "confused" (it
shows negative numbers for consumer counts on some topics and clients stop
receiving messages). When the broker gets in this state, I have to stop all
my clients and manually delete all topics before it will work again.  Btw,
I'm testing with ActiveMQ 5.9.0.

Thanks!