Hi there,

a question related to message groups: is it possible to rebalance message
groups when a new consumer registers with the broker?
In my setup I have two consumers that consume from the same queue where all
messages have a message group ID. If one consumer loses connection all
messages go to the other. If the consumer reconnects messages will still go
to the other one. At least if the broker saw the respective group ID
already. I know that new messages will again be given to either of the
consumers. However, in my scenario there is only a relatively small set of
"long lived" group IDs. So it can happen that all messages will be routed to
one consumer while the other one is idle.

Looking forward to your replies!

sspind