How is it that those messages are not being consumed?  Do you have no
consumers on the queue (or an offline durable topic subscriber)?  Do you
have consumers, but with selectors that don't hit those messages?
Something else?

I haven't looked in detail at the message expiration code, but I believe
that messages are only checked for expiration when they're being considered
for dispatching (and again in the client when they're about to be
consumed), so I think they won't expire if there are no consumers at all.
Can anyone confirm or correct that?  I'm not sure how/if consumers with
non-matching selectors affect whether messages are expired.

Incidentally, 2-3 weeks??  That's a long time...

Also, can you confirm that there are no messages at all in the DLQ?  Old
DLQ messages will keep KahaDB files alive, so if you have any messages
there, that might explain what you're seeing...

Thanks,
Tim