Hi ActiveMQ users.

We are planning to implement an Instant messaging/chat Applicaion, where
MQTT will be used as the protocol. We are considering ActiveMQ as MQTT
broker. Your comments will be greatly appreciated , if you can elaborate on
the below queries:

1. Our chat app may reach upto 100 million subscribers. Can ActiveMQ scale
up to support 100 million or so  concurrent connections?

2. As per documentation, ActiveMQ supports clustering. And one cluster can
have only one Queue node. How can it scale up with only one queue node (with
millions of subscribers),.

3. Can you pls elaborate in detail or provide any document link to
understand the ActiveMQ cluster configuration?

4. Does ActiveMQ support MQTT bridging for MQTT brokers? How can multiple
clusters be joined.

5. How many commercial deployments of ActiveMQ are there as MQTT broker? Can
you name a few?

6. We are only interested in deploying ActiveMQ as a MQTT broker. And we
want to avoid the overhead of deploying all the other features of ActiveMQ
(e.g, enterprise MOM features). Is it possible to trim down ActiveMQ for our
purpose? Can we disable all the unnecessary features & make it lightweight &
less demanding on CPU, memory & IO?

7. What is the message throughput supported by ActiveMQ in the context of
MQTT?

8. Is there any cloud deployment of ActiveMQ, that we can buy for some
prototyping?

9. How to use ActiveMQ from an android client? Do you have any android
client example for ActiveMQ?

10. Any online reference of ActiveMQ benchmarks & scalability aspects will
be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
S Roy