I guess what I was trying to ask is that if BrokerA on JVM1 registers a
consumer on Queue-1 w/ JMSXGroupid of 1, can networked BrokerB on JVM2
register a different consumer on same Queue-1 w/ same JMSXGroupid of 1.  Do
networked brokers have a way to preserve single consumer per unique
JMSXGroupid and therefore order across network brokers?

You kind of answered that question already that order not preserved across
network brokers even when JMSXGroupid is used and based on my tests with
multiple consumers per JMSXGroupid (1 consumer per broker per jvm per
JMSXGroupid)

What is the best approach to preserve message order across embedded brokers?
Is master/slave setup w/ replicated data store a better option in this case
or some type of distributed queue setup?