It was a human (mine) error; I modified it... apologies if I had you thinking
it was a typo in the default.
I had been fiddling around... and have been even more:

I now realized a few things; The bind error I had earlier, which caused me
to think the problem was the port, actually was not the port, but the path
"/jmxrmi"; When I changed that on the second broker it could bind.

But then the other (logical) problem arose when I restarted the first
broker... then the jmx for broker2 could no longer be found... besides, both
brokers would never end up in the same jmx connection (e.g. jconsole);

The thing I was trying to accomplish was getting one jmx mbean server to
"rule" all brokers (even remote ones) so I would have a single point of
management (restarting, memory usage, cpu utilization, etc) I'm getting to
the conclusion this will not be possible... although it would really be cool
to have such a thing :-)