Tim,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will share with our app design/development
team for more in-depth discussion and post back with status on any
workarounds or coding we come up with.

Also, may consider entering a feature request as you suggested. Agree it may
be a bigger update than team wants to tackle but if nothing else it may stir
some more discussion and brainstorming.

I've got to believe someone somewhere has had the same architecture with
similar problem as follows:  Oracle RAC, Active MQ slave/master - take down
one node of the RAC (for maintenance or unexpected problem) and Active MQ
survives on the remaining node.

Just to clarify, I believe the slave broker didn't acquire the lock because
it appears both master and slave were still pointed to the Oracle RAC node
that was taken down for maintenance (node 2 was left up and we expected
Active MQ to connect to the DB though that node.  We’re using an Oracle SCAN
Listener - Single Client Access Name).  After we did maintenance, and
rebooted node 1 of the RAC, the Active MQ was back and live (on that node).
So... may be able to do some scripting and redirecting from the Oracle side
when a RAC nodes goes down... we'll see.

Again, thanks.  You or anyone else with more suggestions or experiences to
share, be glad to hear and keep the thread alive.

Thanks,

-- bsm...@skylinenet.net