With my instances, I run the instance and specify STOP.  So if I had a test
instance at /opt/test then I would execute /opt/test/bin/test STOP.

From: adnan [via ActiveMQ] [mailto:ml+s2283324n4726154...@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 9:46 AM
To: Billy Buzzard <billy.buzz...@bnsflogistics.com>
Subject: RE: How do I Set Up Multiple ActiveMQ Services on one Windows Machine

Thank you for your response.

For the most part i am able to run multiple instances of apache on a single
Linux machine. As rightly identified updated the XML files with different port
and able to process XML files through the MQ.

But when trying to stop a specific service its always stopping the first
instance that was started and successfully stops the first instance, upon
looking at the logs i could see its trying to stop the second instance but
fails.

My issue now is what else need to be modified or any other changes required
that would ensure when i go about stopping a specific instance it only stops it
instead of the instance that was first started? Any insight? We are using 4.1.2
but are open to upgrade if that helps. Validated the same in higher version,
but the issue persists i.e. starting multiple instances and consuming from
those MQ is fine, but when stopping it always stops the service that was first
started.

For now living with kill -9 PID. Need some help!