> Any standalone broker like ActiveMQ, Artemis, etc is going to be measured at
> a rate of thousands per second.

For what it's worth, HornetQ (upon which Artemis is based) achieved over 8
million messages per second on SpecJMS [1].  I would expect Artemis'
performance to be comparable (or better given some enhancements put in place
since then).

Justin

[1]
http://hornetq.blogspot.com/2011/07/82-million-messages-second-with-specjms.html