> Besides, if we send a text message, it is read back correctly.

Can you confirm this?  Here's my testing procedure:

  - Broker running from the head of the "master" branch
  - Modified "queue" example also from the "master" branch which just sends
a text message (removed the consuming code)
  - Modified "queue" example from 1.5.5 which just consumes a message
(removed the sending code)

I receive this when receive() is invoked:

  java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: readerIndex(22) + length(44) exceeds
writerIndex(62): UnpooledDuplicatedByteBuf(ridx: 22, widx: 62, cap: 315,
unwrapped: UnpooledUnsafeHeapByteBuf(ridx: 303, widx: 315, cap: 315))

Justin