If the dequeue count is staying at 0, then this isn't a performance
problem, and you can ignore that portion of my earlier email in this
thread.

It sounds like something's not right, either with your code or with ours.
Can you please post the consumer code you're using, so we can see if
there's anything obvious about it that might need to change? Also, can you
please attach a debugger to your consumer process and set a breakpoint on
the call to acknowledge() and confirm that it's actually being called? (If
some branch in the code caused you to miss that call, that would explain
everything.)

Tim