I have a problem where I produce a TextMessage to a topic and the consumer
receives it twice. I only have one system where I can reproduce this and I
would appreciate any tips on how to debug this further.

I have four JVMs, let's call them A, B, C and D. Each one runs an ActiveMQ
broker. The connection topology looks like this:

A -> B
C -> B
D -> B

I.e. B is the only one with broker that runs transport connectors.

Let's say that I have topic T, where C and D have subscribers with
AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE.

- If A sends a text message to T, then C receives it twice
- If D is not connected then C receives it only once.

I put some debug logs in C and so far I have learned the following about the
two instances received:

1) The messages arrive about 200 ms apart.
2) Both messages have the same id as returned by
javax.jms.Message#getJMSMessageID
3) Both have the same connection as reported by
org.apache.activemq.command.Message#getConnection
4) Both have redelivered as false as reported by
org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQMessage#getJMSRedelivered
5) Both have redeliver counter = 0 as reported by
org.apache.activemq.command.Message#getRedeliveryCounter
6) The messages have different broker intime, as reported by
org.apache.activemq.command.Message#getBrokerInTime - The first has
1500305481165 and the second has 1500305481166.

I have tried to reproduce this elsewhere without any success and I am near
the end of my wits.

Thanks for any debugging tips.

Tomas