I was testing the last_value_queue and noticed that it is not working if
connected with AMQP. Here is what I have tested:

1.) With port 61616, I followed the example on Artemis github and have the
jndi file as:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.activemq.artemis.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory

connectionFactory.myFactoryLookup=tcp://localhost:61616

and set _AMQ_LVQ_NAME as directed:

TextMessage message = session.createTextMessage(command);

message.setStringProperty("_AMQ_LVQ_NAME", "STOCK_NAME");

it works as expected, only keep the last message in the queue.

2.) Still with port 61616, but change

connectionFactory.myFactoryLookup=amqp://localhost:61616

then the last value queue breaks. It keeps all the messages sent to the
queue.

3.) Change the port to use AMQP port 5672:

java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.qpid.jms.jndi.JmsInitialContextFactory
connectionfactory.myFactoryLookup = amqp://localhost:5672

again the last value queue breaks. It keeps all the messages sent to the
queue.

I wonder if the last value queue is designed to only work for Artemis JMS
not AMQP?  Thanks,