Assuming you've got the Artemis repo from GitHub cloned locally you can
just do this:

  git checkout master
  git cherry-pick 48b9573c66d428722fab172290865b986573f764
  mvn clean install -Prelease

Ideally you could just do the cherry-pick on top of the 2.2.0 branch, but
there's a conflict based on another change that's in master but not in
2.2.0.  The built broker will be in the artemis-distribution/target
directory.

Aside from that, you can use the server plugin functionality that Clebert
mentioned.  There's more information about it in the documentation [1].

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/broker-plugins.html