Hi Oliver,

Rather than answer this for a specific vendor as Apache spaces are meant to be
vendor neutral e.g. shouldn't be pushing /selling their products. You will find
though on activemq site a list of known vendors providing such services.

This is the same as probably most Apache open source products where commercial
vendors sell support. Good other examples are the Apache Hadoop projects with
Hadoop vendors, Apache Kafka and Apache Ignite all having vendors backing those
projects.

In general the benefits of Apache Open Source is that you can use the product
un-restricted and at any scale.
Like wise most Apache projects are very active with most critical issues being
patched quite quickly.

User forums are great places to ask questions or discuss issues, where other
users or the devs on the projects help each other.

You of course can always fork and self patch as well. Some large companies go
this route as well as the other end of the scale with tech start ups.

The benefits of vendors that provide support for open source project, is that
typically they will have committers on the project or developers who are at
least very active, this means they know the code and in cases of critical issue
obviously you have them to call upon with commercial SLAs.

Like wise typically vendors will fork the project and bundle a project with
some additional extras or bundle a couple of projects together as a single
product package.

Another part is obviously they tend to provide long term support for particular
versions, if required.

To understand further what specific vendors offer obviously it's best to visit
their websites or contact them direct.

Cheers
Mike