Hi,

This problem is non-reproducible. I have tried many times with different
configuration but not able to reproduce it. Even our clients using ActiveMQ
sometimes face this suddenly in prod environment where dev/qa works fine.

The worst part about this issues is to fix it. This does not get resolved
even by restarting the client application. Only way to fix it is:
 1. either ask clients to change the client id (in which they loose all the
messages sent in between)
 2. Or restart ActiveMQ broker by enabling "allowLinkStealing"
configuration.

We have not only faced this problem now but also earlier when we were using
ActiveMQv5.10 couple of years back.

On the client side we use pooledCOnnectionFactory with maxConnection=1 as
suggested by Tim in
(http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/javax-jms-InvalidClientIDException-for-durable-subscription-on-broker-restart-td4684381.html).

Thanks,
Anuj