I figured out the error part, I had by mistaked named WEB-INF as WEB_INF.
Renamed it and that fixed it.

Still would like to know which RESTEasy jar files have to be picked. For
now, I added this and the mvn install completed

      <dependency>
          <groupId>org.jboss.resteasy</groupId>
          <artifactId>resteasy-jaxrs</artifactId>
          <version>2.3.2.Final</version>
      </dependency>

Is this good enough ?

My .war file looks like this

root@sh3:~/artemis-rest/target# ls
artemis-rest-1.0-SNAPSHOT  artemis-rest-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war  maven-archiver
root@sh3:~/artemis-rest/target#

Now, the documentation says "For example, if you've constructed a WAR as
described above named "activemq-rest.war" then clients will access it at,
e.g. http://localhost:8080/activemq-rest/[queues|topics]"

I'm lost what exactly I would do with this .war file now...