Hi,

Recently we start evaluating Artemis 2.4.0 JMS queue performance. Our
business logic requires
the use of transactional session, where publisher sends one message per
commit, and
consumer receives one message per commit.

Our test environment is Windows machine with 4 cores(3.70 GHz), 8 logical
processors. We simulated 10 producers, 10 consumers and 1 queue; where each
producer produces 500 messages and each consumer receives
500 messages.

Our tests yield:

1. the average sending speed is about 50 message per second,
2. the average receiving speed is about 50 message per second.

Are these performance number expected? Is there way to improve these number
through configuration?

Attached is the java test code, borker.xml and artemis.profile.cmd
The java test only depends on artemis-jms-client-all-2.4.0.jar.

Thank you for your help

JmsQueuePerfTest.java
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/t378931/JmsQueuePerfTest.java>
broker.xml <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/t378931/broker.xml>