I'd suggest you use a JMX viewer such as JConsole, and navigate through the
org.apache.activemq MBeans to find the subscription in question. On the
Attributes page under the subscription, you'll see counts for the number of
messages enqueued and dequeued.

If those don't match, it means your messages are not getting delivered to
the subscriber. (Could they be expiring before they can be consumed?)

If they match, but are lower than the number you sent to the topic while
the consumer was subscribed, we'll have to dig deeper.

Also, I understand from your response that these consumers have been
subscribed and connected the entire time the messages were being sent. Is
that what you're saying?

Tim