When you end the test, how do you ensure that your consumer gets to finish
consuming the remaining messages on the broker, without the producer
producing new messages? Put another way: you assert that messages are lost,
but I don't see anything in your results that prove that they're actually
lost vs. still on the broker (which is not lost). Can you demonstrate that
the problem here isn't actually with your test setup?

Tim