One more thing...

Since you're using share-store then you either need to really kill the
broker (e.g. kill -9 <pid>) to trigger failover or set
<failover-on-shutdown>true</failover-on-shutdown> if you're stopping the
broker gracefully, e.g.:

  <ha-policy>
     <shared-store>
        <master>
           <failover-on-shutdown>true</failover-on-shutdown>
       </master>
      </shared-store>
  </ha-policy>

Justin