ActiveMQ Artemis already has a significant amount of feature parity with
ActiveMQ 5.x (i.e. "classic"), but the fundamental architecture of both
brokers is quite different so even when Artemis becomes 6 a migration
process will be necessary. Artemis doesn't support the exact same "network
of brokers" feature as 5.x, but you should be able to achieve something
which is essentially equivalent using an Artemis "cluster."

You don't provide much information on which to base a recommendation, but
given this is a new product I would recommend going with Artemis.

Justin