Hi

Artemis has already a similar feature to network of brokers. Its named
federation.

It is nearly now at feature parity, one last ticket feature left is retro
active consumers but that should be in next release of Artemis, its currently
in PR.

Artemis also has many features not existing in activemq 5. E.g. it supports JMS
2.0.

If the concern is if its prod ready there are many production deployments or
Artemis at a range or orgs from financial firms through to some of the largest
retailers. Likewise you will find it packaged and supported from some big named
vendors which shifted from activemq5 being their base product to activemq
artemis.

Best

Mike

Get Outlook for Android

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 5:18 PM +0100, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"
<j...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

Hi,

Even if it's stated like this on website, I consider ActiveMQ "Classic"
(I don't this name ;)) and Artemis as two different subprojects on the
ActiveMQ umbrella.

It happens a lot at Apache to have several subprojects under the same
"umbrella": Felix, Karaf, ...

Both subprojects are active and maintained, as a community effort.

Regards
JB

On 16/10/2019 15:25, suraj.prajap...@sterlite.com wrote:
> We are building a new product with Event Driven Programming. For That we need
> JMS Provider. We compared ActiveMQ Classic and Artemis.
> ActiveMQ Official site says
> "Once Artemis reaches a sufficient level of feature parity with the 5.x
> code-base it will become ActiveMQ 6".
>
> What should be used Artemis or ActiveMQ Classic?
> What will happen to ActiveMQ Classic flavor when Artemis will become
> ActiveMQ 6?
> Will ActiveMQ 6 be compatible with ActiveMQ 5 Classic version?
> If we go with ActiveMQ Classic 5 version  and use Network of Brokers, Will
> Upcoming version be supporting same feature?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com