I hadn't understood that the connection was initially successful and data
passes correctly at first, so thank you for clarifying that.

Do you see the same behavior if you connect directly to the broker without
going through the HAProxy? Might this be introduced by the loan balancer,
possibly due to it terminating the connection due to inactivity?

Also, can you show us the broker logs from the corresponding time period?

Tim