Hi,

Am Freitag, 5. März 2021, 17:35:32 CET schrieb Justin Bertram:
> First off, what version of ActiveMQ Artemis are you using?
Sorry, forgot to mention: 2.16.0

> Do you have auto-delete-addresses = true? If so, addresses *should* be
> deleted automatically when they have no more bindings. The wildcard itself
> is a binding so that's probably why the address isn't removed.
Yes, auto-delete-addresses = true. During operation I can see the wilcard
adress "jobs.\*" which *does* get auto-deleted after all consumers are gone.
Also some other addresses (without wilcard consumers attached) get deleted but
not the jobs.A, jobs.B, ... addresses.
Is there a way to see why they would stay there? In the "Attributes" tab in
the Artemis Console I can see "Address size", "All queue names" and "Binding
names" and all three are 0 or empty.

> I think using a single topic with selectors on the subscriptions is a
> viable alternative. There shouldn't be any performance penalty and the
> semantics should be exactly what you're looking for.
OK, good to hear. The we may likely go that way.

Thanks!

Thorsten

--
Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Meinl