Hi,

I have the following configuration:

  *   Two actively running Tomcat instances running Apache Camel 2.20.2 that
use the competing consumer concept to read message of the same queue
  *   AMQ 5.15.0 in an Master Slave configuration using a shared kahaDB.

It happens that one of the Camel instances connects to the Slave Broker, even
though the slave broker is not active i.e. as far as I can tell (log files) it
did not get a lock on the kahaDB.

When this occurs the route on that Camel Instance is blocked and we get a
ExchangeTimedOutException and this blocks the route and messages are being
queued up.

WARN  EndpointMessageListener:213 - Execution of JMS message listener failed.
Caused by: [org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException -
org.apache.camel.ExchangeTimedOutException: The OUT message was not received
within: 30000 millis. Exchange[ID-MXPBMES-01P-I02-1625784159041-1-16108]]

Is it normal that a slave broker accepts a connection from a client application
(Camel in our case) ?

Thanks for the help.