> If a change was made to Artemis that broke when rewriteBatchedStatements
was enabled would it be considered a defect or would people be told not to
use the parameter.

I don't think I can answer this categorically. I think it would depend on
the change which broke it. In any case, if something did break it we would
certainly revisit that decision if necessary and make a decision that best
serves the community.

> Does anyone test using it (besides us)?

I'm not aware of any specific tests with MySQL + rewriteBatchedStatements
in the test-suite or elsewhere.

Justin