The artemis.log files show the server going offline at random times between
12:00am and 2:00am on different nights, after being online somewhere
between 8 and 13 hours.

Here's part of the stack trace:

2022-09-20 01:07:09,359 INFO  [io.hawt.web.auth.AuthenticationFilter]
Destroying hawtio authentication filter
2022-09-20 01:07:09,369 INFO  [io.hawt.HawtioContextListener] Destroying
hawtio services
2022-09-20 01:07:09,472 INFO
 [org.apache.activemq.hawtio.plugin.PluginContextListener] Destroyed
artemis-plugin plugin
2022-09-20 01:07:09,524 INFO
 [org.apache.activemq.hawtio.branding.PluginCont
2022-09-20 01:07:09,591 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
AMQ221002: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Message Broker version 2.19.1
[6bb50282-27d7-11ed-af01-6ab9759765a1] stopped, uptime 13 hours 58 minutes

For more background, I have a java application that is successfully
creating and using queues. As far as I can tell, the application isn't
posting any unusual messages to the queues. The application isn't posting
any messages within hours of the artemis server going offline.

(As I write this, I realize I should contact the sysadmins to see if they
have any maintenance programs running at that hour)

In the meantime, do you guys have any thoughts on where I should look? I
should also clarify that this application previously used embedded
activemq, but we are evaluating artemis as a replacement MQ. Someone
realized they could swap the activemq broker for artemis, and I'm following
their work, I wonder if they or I overlooked something when we took this
shortcut?

Thanks for your help,

Michael