Hi Steve,

Are you expecting it to say (literally) "DN: unavailable"?   Without
knowing anything else about your configuration, I'd suspect there's
something not quite right about the client side certificates or perhaps the
CA chain.

I would expect the Distinguished Name to reflect the client's "subject" on
the cert.   But again, just a guess.

On my configuration -- granted it's ActiveMQ classic, it's a bit different
-- I often check the server side with (on Linux):

openssl s_client -connect host:5671 -showcerts -cert certificate.cer -key
key.pem

That assumes that you have x509 PEM formatted certificate and key files.
 If you have DER formatted files you can add "-certform DER" and/or
"-keyform DER" to the command.   If you have PKCS#12 you'd have to convert
it first.

-Frank

--
Frank