Hi,

I've found what I think is a bug in the failover transport in 5.x. If I use two
https URLs that share a hostname & Port (https://company,com/broker/1 &
https://company,com/broker/2) then the second doesn't get added to the failover
transport's internal list of URIs to try.

This is due to
org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport.compareURIs(URI, URI)
only considering IP & Port to determine if two URI's are distinct. Path should
be considered by (at least) http(s) IMHO.

The use case for this is an active/passive cluster behind a load balancer
exposed with a single IP. I can work round by using an explicit port on my
second broker - but that's fragile.

Is this a bug? If so, how do I resolve this? Is creating a bug on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AMQ/ and submitting a PR my best bet?

Thanks,

Paul
Confidentiality notice and disclaimer
This e-mail is private and may contain confidential information. You must not
use, disclose, or retain any of its content if you have received it in error:
please notify its sender and then delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in
this e-mail are strictly those of its author. We do not accept liability for
the consequences of any data corruption, interception, tampering, or virus.