I didn't realize you were using such an old version. The --java-memory
parameter was added back in 2.25.0 via ARTEMIS-3928 [1] which was released
over a year ago now.

In any case, the --java-options parameter should work for you. See
Domenico's answer for more details on why.

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3928