Hello all,

We use Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Message Broker version 2.16.0 inside our Wildfly
server. We are trying to get message grouping working by setting the
JMSXGroupID attribute on messages that are being handled by various MDBs. As
far as we can tell the attribute is ignored and messages with the same group-id
move from one consumer to the other.

Now I have read in the release notes for ActiveMQ 6.1 that issue ENTMQ-261 has
been resolved which seems to be about just this use case. Since this was just
released (March 2024) can we conclude that our Artemis 2.16 version might be
suffering from the same problem? And if so: will/has the mentioned fix
find/found it’s way into Artemis as well?

And finally: is there a workaround to get message grouping working in our
current setup?

Thanks very much in advance,

Cheers, Silvio