Hi,
I am running Archiva 1.1.3 in under Debian Linux in standalone mode with Postgre for a database. I did not set it up originally but it falls to me to maintain it now and to upgrade it to Archvia 1.2 :( As a first step I separated the base from the Archiva installation. As a second step I backed up the archiva "data" and "config" directories and followed the instructions at the end of this page to do the migration to 1.2:

http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2/adminguide/standalone.html

After the upgrade Archiva 1.2 did boot but none of the user information from the previous installation was retained. I was prompted to create and admin account and subsequently created couple of user accounts.

But what I really want is all my users back :) For now I went back to Archiva 1.1.3. It seems to run fine. I seem to need to talk to postgre and move tables around or something of this sort. I am sadly just as new to postgre as I am to archiva. I've used only mysql so far. So..help! :)

Cheers,
Todor