I see what my problem is.  Well, one of them anyway.  :)

Once you go to one of these pages:
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.4/tour/project.html
which has a left menu... there are no links to the things I couldn't find.

I never even really read through that grey-box section on the home
page... cause that just isn't the sort of place where most project put
the important links.  I was just clicking through till I found a page
with a typical left menu.

> hopefully you
> were looking for the issue tracker in order to open an issue about
> these things?  That would be appreciated, so your feedback doesn't get
> lost in email.

Well, I wasn't planning too, since I can't create a bug report without
first creating a user account...

But now I have yet another bug report to file... so I guess I will
have to create an account.

Thanks