Okay, I copied the database to my system (host is headless Linux),
installed latest SquirrelSQL client copied the password field from another
user that I remembered and was able to log in.

THANK YOU!

However, when I attempt to change the password, it tells me:

Password provided does not match existing.

I can log out and log in still using the password I copied but all attempts
to change it result in this error...unless I pick a password I've used
previously.

Also, I don't want service accounts (users) that are used specifically for
our deployment scripts to have to change the password.

My archiva installation/configuration is at /archiva/conf.  I created a
security.properties file there and have the following settings but it still
says the user requires a password change if I attempt to log in or if I
"Manage" the users, the 3 service account users show that the "Force
password change" is enabled but the setting won't stick if I change it.

 Security Policies
security.policy.password.previous.count=0
security.policy.password.expiration.days=90
security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false
security.policy.allowed.login.attempt=6
security.policy.strict.force.password.change.enabled=false

# Password Rules
security.policy.password.rule.alphanumeric.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.alphacount.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.alphacount.minimum=1
security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.minimum=1
security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.maximum=8
security.policy.password.rule.musthave.enabled=true
security.policy.password.rule.numericalcount.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.numericalcount.minimum=0
security.policy.password.rule.reuse.enabled=true
security.policy.password.rule.nowhitespace.enabled=true
security.policy.unlockable.accounts=admin

--
Jeff Vincent
predato...@gmail.com