Hi,
Yup it's downloaded and used for searching in the ui but not visible
as an index file for you.
Check on your archiva fs in
${appserver.base}/data/remotes/central/.index (or the name you used
for central)

Do you have any repository group ?
If yes that must be available using .indexer path of the repository
group (all index from all repositories will be merged)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com