I have a ZIP file stored on my Archiva 2.2 server. Anyone here can reach it
through a browser at
http://hamlet:8080/#artifact-details-download-content/my-demos/JavaDemos/8.1
and download it without being logged in by clicking the removable media
icon.

I'd like to download this file from a script, so I try the wget described
at:

http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/userguide/querying-artifacts.html

but I get a 404 error:

$ wget "
http://hamlet:8080/archiva/restServices/archivaServices/searchService/artifact?g=my-demos&a=JavaDemos&v=LATEST
"

--2015-06-16 16:42:33--
http://hamlet:8080/archiva/restServices/archivaServices/searchService/artifact?g=my-demos&a=JavaDemos&v=LATEST

Resolving hamlet (hamlet)... 10.1.2.1

Connecting to hamlet (hamlet)|10.1.2.1|:8080... connected.

2015-06-16 16:42:33 ERROR 404: Not Found.

What is the problem and how do I correct it?

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v. 121-24)