Thanks. Both changes are needed to make it work--remove "archiva/" *and* add
"&p=zip" (because it's a ZIP file; I guess that Archiva defaults to JAR if
not told otherwise). The working URL looks like

http://hamlet:8080/restServices/archivaServices/searchService/artifact?g=my-demos&a=JavaDemos&v=LATEST&p=zip