Okay, I finally found the reset messages and I'm back with new passwords.
I've also changed security.policy.password.previous.count to 0 and
restarted. We'll see in another 90 or 180 days.

Very odd, though: When I login as admin, the login dialog does not
disappear. I have reload the page before I see my admin menu options.